Friday, June 13, 2008

Photo story Friday: Reflections


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Story telling with photos is always interesting. If nothing else it still holds that a photo tells more than a thousand words ;-)

The following photos are from one of many trips and not some of my usual photos. The theme is reflection. I wanted to try something different and catch the reflections of the sky with white fluffy clouds and colorful trees.



The second photo is kind of by accident. It's not really visible in the photo but this is one that I took while visiting a small store on the way to Shenandoah. Jacki and Emma went in the store to look at all the little things they have up for sale. And what better to do than walk around and see what the store has to offer outside all for free.

Turns out they have a lily pond outside and once again I was trying to get some nice reflections and "just" experiment to see what it would look like when put in a photo.

6 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I like the second picture the most. It's lovely. It looks like it should be painted.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

WOOT! I am so thrilled that Jacki's other half (a professional no less) is playing PSF.

These shots are fan.tas.tic. Water. It makes every photo better, doesn' it?

Pdyrholm said...

professional??? I wish ;-)
No matter it's fun and water is great for many things... Just ask Emma ;-) gotta work on that idea.

thank you for the compliments :-) that is very nice since well sometimes I can doubt that I'm going anywhere with it...

Cecily R said...

Accident shots are my FAVORITE. I love it when I sit down to edit and find a gem I had no idea I took.

These are both beautiful, but the last shot is my favorite. It is stunning.

I'm so glad you are participating in PSF!!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The one looks like it has a blue cat in to -- just the way things are floating and the blue sky...

Supercool Hotmama said...

Love the colors in the first and the clarity in the second!