Friday, August 8, 2008

Taking a walk


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Being back home (yeah it's confusing) in DK there were a few opportunities to just go out and take a walk. Now that I have been living in the states for a good 4 years the landscape and all seem kind of new to me in some strange way. Now I notice things I never noticed before. If for nothing else then because Jacki is asking about it ;-)

Here are a few flowers lit by the setting sun.







Sometimes simplicity just works better than whatever you construct. The next photo is very very simple. Just a straw with a calm out of focus background. All with the setting sun.



As much as I like waterfalls and all that. A wheat field captured while dragging the shutter... It just does something. Hope you like them.







And finally a little extra from the beach with a very blue sky.



Hope it helped getting you all ready for Friday and you know... Finally it's the weekend :-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I especially love the macro shots on the flowers and weeds.

My PSF this week is posted HERE. Please check on it if you can. Happy weekends!

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely shots. I love taking photos of flowers and weeds and things like that. Always fun.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh those were lovely shots. I love the bokeh on that one - niiiiiice!

Corey~living and loving said...

Thank you for the really lovely comment on my blog today. :) parenting really is what it's all about. at least for me. :)

love you photos. My favorite light is early evening light. wonderful.
have a great weekend.

tommie said...

Love that last shot! Looks so invivting.

Thanks for visiting my story.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are great!! I wish I could take them half as good as yours. Thanks for stopping by and am glad you did cos I will be coming over often just for your photos! :-)

Pdyrholm said...

Thank you all soooo very much :-)

Sometimes I'm not really sure if it works out even though initially I think it looks good. You know second thoughts and when comparing with others...

It means a lot to me to get such great comments :-)

Thank you

ps. by the way if you spot one that you would like as a post card/note card please let me know. I am thinking about generating a portfolio with photos that works for that purpose but picking them out can be tricky...

Cecily R said...

I think I want to take a walk with you and your camera sometime. GREAT shots!!!!!

Pdyrholm said...

taking a walk with me? sure thing. I just need a "kitchen pass" and then just drop by ;-) of course for this particular walk there is a 4100 miles trip to get there ;-)

Indrani said...

Lovely shots, I guess I am tempted to go for a long walk.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love the flowers! The sunlight makes them extra beautiful!

Now, I'm going to have to frequent your photoshop tutorials!

Rose said...

Beautiful shots, I love the last one of the beach.

Unknown said...

Fields are somehow calming. :)