Friday, August 15, 2008

Food photography

Just like most of the world you probably know about Martha Stewart. You know all the good cooking, home making, tv shows and so on.

It's kind of funny in a way but I guess we are quite the little Martha Stewart family. I started with adding a tv in the kitchen and what better to watch while cooking and baking than the Martha Stewart show?

So now every episode is recorded and watched. Not "just" by my dear wife Jacki (which btw have a great cooking blog) but also our daughter Emma that just don't want to miss the show for nothing. I think she is paying more attention to Martha Stewart than the Little Einsteins.

Anyway to get on with the photo story... Jacki asked if I could grab the camera and snap a few photos for her food blog.
Now how could I say anything but of course my dear? adding a "let me just grab the flash too while I am at it".

So here is the setup in our kitchen:



Now to show how we prepare the tomatoes and spread them out on a baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil on it. How about getting a close up? and uh uh let's get one where we see your hand sprinkling the tomatoes on the baking sheet ;-)







And just like the cooking shows here are the tomatoes fresh out of the oven.



Ok before you say anything... I know... you don't sit on the table but on the other hand you have to be able to see something... right?
But yeah here is prepping for making a salsa to go along with the meal. Emma being the mini Martha has to be in on everything and we can even pose with parsley (bet that's a new one) ;-)







First we sort and cut the the parsley and pile it up. Gotta cut the stems off and chop it coarse.







Add all the ingredients to a food processor and tada you got the best salsa you could ever have.







Now this is an example what happens when you add a photo crazy husband with a dedicated wife that loves to cook and a mini Martha. It kind of all comes together :-)
Ohh and be sure to check out Jacki's food blog for some great food :-) http://accidental-cook.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Karin said...

Thank for visiting my blog!

O love your food pics and your comments are very entertaining! Nicely done! Btw, my two-year old is also named Emma and a real little madam!

Killlashandra said...

Cute pictures. I love the shot of her on the counter. Adds a lot of personality to the cooking shots. :)

Amanda said...

I really like your kitchen. Ours here is terrible. Totally un-inspires me to cook sometimes. LOL!

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Palembang is in Indonesia. I also didn't know where it was until I moved here. Supposedly its the 2nd largest city in the country.

Cecily R said...

I love the shots of your Mini Martha on the table!!

And the salsa looks YUMMY.

Great pictures, as always!!

Unknown said...

Looks like your family has fun in the kitchen! I can't wait to get some ripe tomatoes so I can make some salsa. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! I like doing food shots, they are fun.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How fun!